Shipping and Receiving Clerk
Montgomery, AL 36104
A local technical manufacturing company has a need for a Shipping and Receiving Clerk in the Montgomery, AL.
The Shipping and Receiving Clerk receives and disburses incoming material, maintains accurate inventory control records, and ensures that all shipments are properly packaged, processed, transacted, and shipped to the correct Customer in a timely fashion.
- Receive and count stock items, and record data manually or using computer.
- Receive packages from freight carriers to Dock.
- Unpack and examine incoming shipments.
- Inform Supervisor of damaged items for possible rejection, record shortages, and corresponds with shipper to rectify damages and shortages.
- Compare packing slip information to Purchase order, count, weigh or measure items of incoming shipments to verify information against bills of lading, packing slips, purchase orders, sales orders or other records.
- Process computerized receipt transactions to generate Receiving documents.
- Route items to Inspection, Departments or Individuals within the Company.
- Properly package items for shipment by assembling wooden or cardboard containers or selects pre-assembled containers.
- Insert items into containers using spacers, fillers and protective padding.
- Binds containers when appropriate with polyethylene strapping using strapping machine or appropriate sealing tapes and materials.
- Stamps or affixes identifying information and shipping instructions onto crates and containers.
- Process shipping labels and Affix labels onto packaged cartons identifying shipping information.
- Transact shipments using the ERP System.
- Affix packing slip generated by ERP system to shipment.
- Examine outgoing shipments to ensure each one meets the necessary specifications.
Qualified candidates for the Shipping and Receiving Clerk position will meet the following requirements:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 6 Months to 1 year of Shipping/Receiving related experience
- Understanding and Use of Microsoft Dynamics ERP system preferred
- Computer skills: MS-Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
- Ability to interface effectively and professionally with wide variety of personalities
- Proactive, Disciplined, Urgent, Detail oriented, Goal minded performance
- Good Oral and Writing skills
- Willing to learn and apply new skills
- Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations.
Pay for this position is $10.50/hour.
All offers of employment are contingent on a background check and drug test.
If you feel this position will be an excellent opportunity for you and that you meet the above qualifications, please apply!