Montgomery, AL 36105
A local food product manufacture is looking for an experience Quality Manager to join their team!
The responsibilities of the Quality Manager include:
- Minimize number of claims in the market.
- Decrease the waste in the production facilities.
- Guarantee a good quality raw material including smoke liquids, PG, mineral oil, printing raw materials, and packaging is presented to each department in the facility.
- Oversee processes to ensure good quality product is shipping to customers.
- Ensure that all specifications regarding the manufacturing of the product are complete, up-to date and will produce an acceptable product for customers
- Work cooperatively with all department managers insuring they have the tools needed to complete their job, thus providing the customer a product that meets or exceeds requirements.
- Maintain facility in such a manner that continues to maintain BRC and ISO certifications for the Montgomery facility.
- Process new item requests and sample requests and validate that samples are being made correctly.
- Interact with the commercial group when quality problems in the field occur. This includes researching quality data, having returns and samples analysed, and working with other departments to determine appropriate corrective actions.
- Directly manage a team of 3 employees and indirectly manage a team of 7 employees
Qualified candidates for the Quality Manager will meet the following requirements:
- 5+ years of experience in Quality Management, preferably in the manufacture of food product
- Must have a Bachelor's degree, preferably in a Business or Manufacturing field
- Requires a thorough in-depth knowledge of quality, specifically as it applies to the casing business.
- Requires sound practical understanding of how Skinless, Fibrous, and Plastics are made, finished, and used.
- Possess strong quality background and diplomatic skills to implement quality initiatives.
- Must be an excellent team player and a self-starter. Must be highly motivated and able to self-lead.
This is a Direct Hire opportunity.
Salary for this position is $75,000-85,000, depending on experience.
All offers of employment are contingent on a background check and drug test.