Montgomery, AL 36104
We are seeking a Quality Manager for a manufacturing plant in Montgomery. The major purpose of the Quality Manager is to assure the product being produced is going to consistently work for our customers.
- Minimize number of claims in the market.
- Decrease the waste in the production facilities.
- To ensure a good quality raw material including smoke liquids, PG, mineral oil, printing raw materials, and packaging is presented to each department in the facility.
- To oversee that a good quality product is shipping to our customers.
- To ensure that all specifications regarding the manufacturing of the product are complete, up-to date and will produce an acceptable product for our customers
- To work cooperatively with all department managers insuring they have the tools needed to complete their job thus providing the customer a product that meets or exceeds his/her requirements.
- To maintain our facility in such a manner that we continue to maintain BRC and ISO certifications for the Montgomery facility.
- To process new item requests and sample requests and validate that samples are being made correctly.
- Interact with the commercial group when quality problems in the field occur. This includes researching quality data, having returns and samples analysed, and working with other departments to determine appropriate corrective actions.
Qualified Quality Managers will possess the following knowledge and skills:
- Requires a thorough in-depth knowledge of quality, specifically as it applies to the casing business. Must understand how the quality of the product impacts the commercial organization, if the quality of the product is not up to the standards of the customer.
- Requires sound practical understanding of how Skinless, Fibrous, and Plastics are made, finished, and used.
- Requires strong quality background and diplomatic skills to implement quality initiatives.
- Five year experience in making a quality product.
- Must be an excellent team player and a self-starter. Must be highly motivated and able to self-lead. The position requires flexibility of work habits and the ability to multi-task. Innovation is the backbone of the quality position. The person must be able to think on their feet and make decisions on the spot using their knowledge and skills acquired from working as part of a quality team. They must be an advocate for the quality system and understand how it works while pursuing the organizational values and goals.
This is a Direct Hire Opportunity with excellent salary and company benefits.
All offers of employment are contingent on a background check and drug screen.