Shorter, AL 36075
We are looking for a qualified candidate for the Quality Engineer position at a great manufacturing plant in Shorter, AL!
The Process Quality Engineer is responsible for internal process quality control and process improvement. This position will verify new changes and new programs.
Responsibilities of the Quality Engineer include:
- To support and ensure compliance with the current Quality System.
- Respond to and communicate internally and externally on customer quality issues.
- Lead coordination of short term/containment actions on customer quality issues.
- Participate in or lead problem solving teams as assigned.
- Provide regular updates to the customer on status of corrective actions.
- Monitor customer quality performance.
- Monitor and track (CSR)-Customer Specific Requirements for changes/revisions.
- Access CSR revisions for possible risk and impact assessment to key system processes.
- Report updates to upper management for review through POR/MQR.
- Monitor and review CSR for implementation.
Qualified candidates for this position will meet the following requirements:
- 2-3 Years related automotive experience preferred or manufacturing / technical background.
- Bachelor's degree in an Engineering or Technical field required. Will accept Business fields with related experience
- Proficient computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Basic metrology skills, Blue print reading and SPC knowledge.
- Basic quality system knowledge and system auditing experience or equivalent.
- Strong interpersonal skills & ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to interface with customer.
- Strong supervisory skills.
- Assist in the development of training plans.
- Willingness to travel.
- Valid Driver’s license.
This is a Direct Hire Position.
Salary is $55,000-60,000, dependent on experienc.
All offers of employment are contingent on a background check and drug test.