Montgomery, AL 36117
Calling all Quality Engineers! This is a great opportunity to grow your career with a large automotive manufacturing plant!
We are looking for a qualified candidates for Quality Engineer positions at a plant in Montgomery, AL!
The Quality Engineer is responsible for the implementation of customer requirements and the integrity processes and procedures. This position will also be responsible for product and process quality assurance and continual improvement projects maintain records and make sure Company policies and procedures are followed.
Responsibilities of the Quality Engineer include:
- Responsible for development and maintenance of APQP, PPAP, and ISO-TS 16949 documentation.
- Applies statistical process control (SPC) methods for analyzing data to evaluate the current process and process changes.
- Coordinate production related corrective actions for root cause and corrective action completion.
- Develops new approaches to solve problems identified during quality activities.
- Support and ensure compliance with company Quality System.
- Respond to and communicate internally and externally on customer quality issues.
- Lead coordination of short term/containment actions on customer quality issues.
- Participate in or lead problem solving teams as assigned.
- Provide regular updates to the customer/supplier on status of corrective actions.
- Monitor customer quality performance.
- Support company and customer requirements to meet quality goals and objectives.
- Promote and facilitate Open Door process, effective communications and Fair Treatment.
- Participate in Continual Improvement activities.
Qualified candidates for this position will meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor degree in engineering (two year technical degree and appropriate experience will be considered)
- Minimum 3 years of related professional experience
- Automotive industry experience preferred
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Competency in core tools (APQP, SPC, MSA, PPAP)/Containment procedures
- Competency in TS 16949 / Lead Auditor capability
- Strong communication skills
- Strong computer skills
This is a Direct Hire Position.
Salary is dependent on experience.
All offers of employment are contingent on a background check and drug test.