Montgomery, AL 36105
We are looking for a qualified Purchasing Specialist for a local manufacturing company in the Montgomery area.
Purchasing Specialists are responsible for the purchase of cost effective, high quality materials designed and specified for power transformer production.
Responsibilities of the Purchasing Specialist include but are not limited to the following:
- Analyze and estimate the reasonable price level of various components and supplies
- Negotiate prices with vendors to maintain cost competitiveness
- Track and expedite the status of orders to ensure on time deliveries in accordance with production schedules
- Provide feedback on the profit and losses after purchases are completed
- Other duties as assigned
Qualified Candidates for the Purchasing Specialist position will have the following combination of skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Design or Engineering
- 5-10 years of purchasing or material planning experience
- Ability to develop strong interpersonal relationships with vendors
- Ability to follow written and oral instruction
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Experience with ERP system SAP strongly preferred!
This is a direct hire opportunity with great company benefits.
All offers are contingent on a background and drug test.
For consideration please click Apply and attach your resume for review!