Montgomery, AL 36108
A manufacturing plant in Montgomery, AL is looking for an experience Project Manager to join their team!
The Project Manager is primarily responsible for directing a project or machine from point of sale to customer satisfaction after installation.
Responsibilities for the Project Manager include:
- Make sure that all departments are aware of your projects timeline.
- Monitor to make certain that your project is on schedule. Report concerns.
- Identify and attempt to resolve obstructions and problems with meeting your project goals and milestones.
- Open a dialogue for the customer with an Introduction Letter.
- Be as transparent as possible about timelines and project goals.
- Monitor customer expected timelines and report them.
- Help to manage customer expectations of this company, the project, and what will and will not be done by company on a project.
- Review FAT expectations and goals with customer.
- Monitor customer satisfaction throughout install and break in.
- Review Mechanical Design issued material by reviewing Build Sheet for completeness and content, checking dates, reviewing issued BOM for accuracy and thoroughness, and reviewing Issued packages for accuracy and critical dimensions.
- Meet with Electrical Design to determine timelines and required assistance on Non-Mechanical BOM, Electrical Schematics, Panel Layouts, Pneumatic Prints, and Hydraulic Prints.
- Review schematics and layouts for accuracy and critical dimensions prior to issue (if possible).
- Review legend plate orders and received plates before handing off to Electrical department (where possible).
- Physically review the components on the floor to keep yourself up to date on project status.
- Review parts and interview floor personnel for missing components or concerns.
- As components are assembled, review to make sure that they are assembled correctly.
- Meet with home office to review “Go By” program and determine program builder.
- Build program, or if directed, monitor program status.
- Submit program to a Senior Programmer for review.
- Review program prior to testing.
- Prepare for and assist in testing.
- Get assembly drawings from Admin.
- Create a test sheet/ book. Use an existing template if possible.
- Create and provide manuals to customers
- Prepare with crew for installation of your project
- Close out your project and ensure customer has current copy of prints at all times
- Be alert for, and report all sales opportunities or information about competitor’s projects.
- Upon notification of the assignment of a new project:
- Review the Sales Order. Try to understand the scope of the project, the customer, and similar projects.
- Create a rough draft of a Production Order prior to the Sales Order Meeting.
- Attend the Sales Order Meeting to clearly understand
- Involve yourself in the Sales Order Meeting.
- Provide details on component descriptions.
- Resolve design problems.
- Participate in engineering trips to ensure project completion and accuracy. Travel is required up to 3-4 weeks per year total.
- Review and analyze specifications.
Qualified candidates for the Project Manager will meet the following requirements:
- Minimum of 2 years for Project Management experience in a related field
- Bachelor degree in Mechanical/Engineering preferred, but not required
- Working knowledge of electrical and mechanical design
- Able to correspond with customers on projects and sales
- Ability to lead engineering teams on project completion
- Strong communication and computer skills
Must be able to travel up to 3-4 weeks per year total. Travel will be throughout U.S. and parts of Canada.
Salary for this position is dependent upon experience. This is a Try & Hire opportunity with Direct Hire possibilities for the right candidate. Travel will not be expected in the first few months of training.
All offers of employment are contingent on a background check and drug test.