A well-known agricultural manufacturer in Selma, AL is looking for an experienced Product Manager to join their team!
Under minimum supervision, the Product Manager is responsible for product planning and execution throughout the product lifecycle, to include gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, defining the product vision via a program plan, and working closely with sales, manufacturing and engineering to ensure both Company metric objectives and customer satisfaction goals are met.
Responsibilities for the Product Manager include:
- Adheres to established Safety initiatives, policies and procedures
- Resident expert with respect to competition. Primary contact and coordinator for product information and specifications.
- Deliver product development plan for all new programs and product enhancements. Conduct market research and analyze market size, trends, scope, etc. for use in the creation of the product development plan.
- Coordinate new product development and product improvements from initial concept stage through production and to obsolescence. Conduct new product team meetings. Write product literature, advertising material and press releases.
- Design layout of sales literature and other sales tools. Approve literature, ad slicks and corporate ads. Coordinate photography for literature.
- Work trade show booths.
- Prepare competitive product comparisons to be used as sales and training aids for sales force, customer service and company dealer network.
- Assist in coordination and implementation of sales meetings to include training the sales force.
- Set pricing to meet Company revenue and profitability goals. Update price books as needed. Monitor financial performance of products.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish assigned goals
- May orient, train, assign and check work of lower level employees