We are looking for experienced candidates to join the team of a well-known agricultural manufacturer as a Product Manager II!
The Product Manager II is a key position in the Company and will support and contribute to the company goals of profitability, return on investment, inventory turnover, and accident prevention. Under general supervision, the Product Manager II is responsible for product planning and execution throughout the product lifecycle, to include: gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, defining the product vision via a program plan, implementing project plans, delivering projects on schedule and leading cross functional teams including; sales, manufacturing, purchasing, quality and engineering to ensure both Company metric objectives and customer satisfaction goals are met.
Duties will include:
- Focus, communicate, encourage and contribute to Safety in all aspects of the job and all company meetings.
- Continuing to develop knowledge as coordinator for product information, specifications and competitive brands.
- Integrates business goals into the project scope and deliverables.
- Identifies and integrates ongoing risk management techniques throughout the program.
- Deliver product development plan for all new programs and product enhancements. Conduct market research including VoC (voice of the customer) processes and analyze market size, trends, scope, etc. for use in the creation of the product roadmaps and a 5 year product development plan.
- Lead new product development and product improvements from initial concept stage through production and to obsolescence using the Stage Gate process.
- Responsible for the development of project plans and leading new product teams to the successful launch of new product introductions achieving all cost, quality and delivery goals.
- Write product literature, advertising material and press releases.
- Design layout of sales literature and other sales tools. Approve literature, ad slicks and corporate ads. Coordinate photography for literature.
- Work trade show booths.
- Prepare competitive product comparisons to be used as sales and training aids for sales force, customer service and Company dealer network.
- Assist in coordination and implementation of sales meetings to include training the sales force.
- Set pricing to meet Company revenue and profitability goals. Update price books as needed. Monitor financial performance of products.
- Constant evaluation and continuous improvement of the Stage Gate process.
- Resolves questions and problems referring only the most complex issues to higher level.
- Assist in orientation and training of lower level employees.