Shorter, AL 36075
Calling all Process Engineers! A great automotive manufacturing company in Shorter, AL is looking for a qualified Process Engineer to join their team!
The Process Engineer is primarily responsible for initial setup, operation and optimization of the production process, including quality control, from concept development through to production implementation and continuous improvement.
Responsibilities of the Process Engineer include:
- To support and ensure compliance with Company’s policy
- Have working knowledge of TS standards, AIAG Standards (PFMEA, APQP, MSA, CQI-9), Phased PPAP, ES Specifications and other customer specific requirements.
- Facilitate compliance to TS and Customer quality system by reviewing updates to Control Plan, PFMEA, Work Standards, Check Sheets Gauge R&R, Capability Studies and other quality documents after creation or update.
- Control access of central document management folder and ensure latest revisions of core documentation are uploaded to central document management folder.
- Assist with creation of new program core documentation. Including initial creation of PFEMA, Control Plan, Special Characteristic agreement, Process Flow and acceptance boundary documents. Creation of initial core tool will require insuring all items identified in DFMEA is properly cascaded to PFEMA, Control Plan, Special Characteristic agreement.
- Work with MP&L and production to establish process flow and location of WIP, shipping carts and shipping dunnage.
- Development and control of WIP and shipping cart inventory. This includes, developing new carts for upcoming and current programs, calculating required WIP levels and implementing continuous improvements to WIP and shipping cart design to reduced handling damage and improve ergonomics. Ability to manipulate and create Autocad drawings is essential.
- Support and have working knowledge of AQIS, VPDS, GPDS and other customer specific product development systems.
- Understand 5S methodology, manage plant 3C5S and lead continuous improvements as they relate to 3C5S activities. Managing 3C5S includes maintaining a list of all labels within plant, creating production racks to manage line side inventory, developing carts to organize tooling for equipment changeover, ordering product /WIP identification labels and updating aisle and floor markings as needed.
- Monitor and update capital expense spending and report monthly to engineering manager.
- Participate in CFT meetings and support team objectives (i.e. layouts, APQP activities, continuous improvement opportunities etc.)
- Participate in all required training and provide training to fellow team members on specific customer requirements as needed.
- Good organizational and multi-tasking skills are essential.
- Monitor notifications from MP&L and marketing for pre-production part orders and support manufacturing team with ensuring on time delivery.
- Ability to communicate effectively and appropriately with various customers and co-workers located in North America, Europe and Asia via e-mail and conference call is required.
- Support and ensure compliance with current environmental systems.
Qualified candidates for the Process Engineer will meet the following requirements:
- Engineering degree from an accredited university program or equivalent is preferred
- 2 or 3 year college diploma with a minimum of 5 years work experience
- Skills for computer such as PowerPoint, Excel, Minitab and Autocad.
- Strong interpersonal skills & ability to work in a team environment.
- Strong project management skills are an asset.
This is a Direct Hire position.
Salary for this position is dependent on experience, but can offer up to $70,000.
All offers of employment are contingent on a background check and drug test.