Montgomery, AL 36108
We are looking for an experienced Plant Accountant for a food packaging plant in Montgomery, AL!
Responsibilities for the Plant Accountant include:
- Record production to analyze actual manufacturing costs.
- Prepare periodic reports comparing standard costs to actual production costs.
- Reconcile all applicable general ledger accounts within the required timeframe to evaluate and maintain accuracy of the general ledger.
- Collect and analyze data to determine costs of business activity such as raw material purchases, inventory, labor and overhead.
- Assist manufacturing leaders in identifying productivity projects to improve efficiency and cost position of the business.
- Maintain changes in product design, raw materials, manufacturing methods or services provided and report effects on cost.
- Record cost information for use in controlling expenditures, analyzing audits of costs and preparing reports to compare actual results to both the budget and prior year.
- Make estimates of new and proposed product costs providing management with reports specifying and comparing factors affecting cost and profitability of products or services.
- Conduct physical inventories and monitor cycle count program.
- Prepare all required correspondence and maintain all accounting files.
- Monitor all petty cash for plant and manage all everyday disbursements.
Qualified candidates for the Plant Accountant will meet the following requirements:
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Accounting in a manufacturing environment
- Associates degree required, concentration in Accounting or Business preferred
- Bachelor’s degree a plus, preferably in Accounting or Business
- Ability to work cross-functionally in a manufacturing plant environment
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong Excel skills
- Capability to work both independently and with a team
- Strong organizational skills
- Oracle experience a plus
- Manufacturing cost experience desired
This is a Direct Hire opportunity.
Salary for this position is $40,000-70,000, depending on experience.
All offers of employment are contingent on a background check and drug test.