Now hiring! We are looking for a highly detailed, experienced Payroll Clerk to assist the Human Resources department of a renowned manufacturing company in Montgomery, AL!
The Payroll Clerk is responsible for routine bookkeeping and clerical duties required to compile and enter payroll data, post wages, and reconcile errors to maintain payroll records.
The Payroll Clerk will also:
- Compile payroll data, such as hours worked, taxes, insurance and garnishments from time sheets and other records
- Reconcile general disbursements account to the general ledger
- Prepare daily business reports such as sales and backlog reports
- Maintain work area, equipment and supplies in a neat and orderly condition
- Follow safety rules
- Identify and report problems and difficulties to department supervisor
- Prepare computer forms and reports, entering data into computer files, computing wages and deductions, and printing reports of employee participation in company programs such as profits sharing, 401(k), and loan repayments
- Run edit lists of payroll entered and check lists for errors
- Distribute payroll checks
- Assist employees and supervisors in resolving payroll problems, correcting records and making adjustments as required
- Respond to inquiries from internal company personnel related to payroll issues such as garnishments, wage liens, sick pay, holiday pay, vacation pay and accruals
- Prepare payroll and tax-related forms and payments including state and federal payroll withholding taxes and other payroll deductions
- Prepare quarterly reports used to prepare payroll tax returns such as disability payments and tax deposits