We have an excellent opportunity for an experienced medical informatics professional to join the staff of the Nursing Informatics department for a healthcare association in the Montgomery, AL area!
The Nursing Informatics staff position has responsibility of oversite of the integration of data, information and knowledge to support decision-making by patients and their healthcare providers. The Nursing Informatics staff will combine skills in health science, computer science and information technology to help healthcare providers store, retrieve and utilize large amounts of data as it applies to patient care.
Nursing Informatics staff will assist with simplifying documentation of patient care and enter patient notes using computers, mobile devices. Nursing Informatics staff aim to improve the accuracy of patient data and enable critical data analysis to improve efficiency of overall patient care.
Duties will include:
- Design, develop, select, test, implement, and evaluate new or modified informatics solutions, data structures, and decision-support mechanisms to support patients, health care professionals, and their information management and human-computer and human-technology interactions within health care contexts.
- Disseminate information about nursing informatics science and practice to the profession, other health care professions, nursing students, and the public.
- Translate nursing practice information between nurses and systems engineers, analysts, or designers using object-oriented models or other techniques.
- Identify, collect, record or analyze data that are relevant to the nursing care of patients.
- Provide consultation to providers, clinicians/nurses regarding hardware or software configuration.
- Use informatics science to design or implement health information technology applications to resolve clinical or health care administrative problems.
- Develop, implement or evaluate health information technology applications, tools, processes or structures to assist nurses with data management
- Analyze and interpret patient, nursing, or information systems data to improve nursing services.
- Analyze computer and information technologies to determine applicability to nursing practice, education, administration and research.
- Apply knowledge of computer science, information science, nursing, and informatics theory to clinical practice, education, administration, or research, in collaboration with other health informatics specialists.
- Develop or implement policies or practices to ensure the privacy, confidentiality, or security of patient information.
- Develop or deliver training programs for health information technology, creating operating manuals as needed