Montgomery, AL 36117
We are looking for an experienced Mechanical Engineer to join the team of a great manufacturing company!
The Mechanical Engineer is a key position within the Montgomery, AL facility in leading key new product development projects, directing other engineers with a sense of urgency, passion, creativity and inspiring others in a fast paced positive work environment. Must be a skilled engineer in varying disciplines; project management, mechanical, hydraulic and electrical and be well versed in ‘design for manufacture’, ‘design for supply chain’ and be a natural problem solver with a common sense approach. Previous experience in 5S and continuous improvement / lean manufacturing environment is highly desired. Must possess a positive attitude, be proactive, innovative, a strong communicator, coach, teacher, highly observant and a self-starter.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Project management leadership.
- Project management duties including directing the work of junior engineers and designers while also performing design engineer duties.
- Duties to also include performing the design, analysis, and testing of mobile equipment structures, systems, and components.
- Reviewing customer specifications and government regulations to determine proper design parameters for custom product design.
- Producing an error free ‘right first time’ engineering design package using sound engineering practices.
- Clearly communicating with engineering personnel, suppliers, plant personnel and others to implement cost reductions, product and process improvements and support production operations.
- Evaluate and implement engineering changes for improvements and cost reductions
- Provide technical direction to manufacturing, procurement, quality, assembly, supplier, aftermarket parts and service personnel.
- Extensive manufacturing knowledge required: particularly fabrication best practices, lasers, plasmas, bending, welding, slots and tabs, machining, assembly techniques.
- “Design for manufacture” “Design for welded joints”
- Key personal attributes: Creativity, Passion, Sense of urgency, Leadership, Pride, Problem solver, Individual Ownership, Quality, Timeliness, Cost conscious.
Qualified candidates for this position will meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in an Mechanical Engineering or an equivalent.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in engineering and manufacturing environment.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the design of complex machinery.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively at all levels, including company management, customers, staff, contractors, vendors and site personnel.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral.
- Proficient presentation skills to large audience groups
- Proven experience operating within a Lean Transformation / Continuous Improvement, Lean manufacturing and 5S Culture.
- Experience operating in an environment based on behavior driving KPI’s.
- Experience in development and execution of SMART goals.
- Knowledge of ISO 9001 Quality Management Systems.
- Prefer candidates with previous experience working in a manufacturing environment of Safety, Quality, On Time Delivery and Cost where everyone is valued ad is encouraged to improve products, process, and the business.
- Proficient computer experience in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Proficient computer experience in 3D engineering CAD.
- Proficient experience in Finite Element Analysis (FEA).
- Must have valid driver’s license.
This is a Direct Hire opportunity.
Salary is $65,000-80,000, based upon experience.
All offers of employment are contingent on a background check and drug test.