Do you have a Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering? If you said yes, we are looking for you!
We have a manufacturing plant in Montgomery that is looking for a Mechanical Engineer II to join their team.
The Mechanical Engineer II is a critical position in leading sustaining engineering activities and new product development for domestic and international rail maintenance of way (MoW) projects. The position will require directing designers and draftsman with a sense of urgency, passion, creativity and inspiring others in a fast-paced positive work environment.
The Mechanical Engineer II Responsibilities:
- Must be a trained engineer in mechanical design for pneumatic and hydraulic systems along with mechatronics.
- DFMEA and PFMEA generation; to provide feedback to management for risk mitigation.
- Design for Manufacture (DFM) through knowledge of manufacturing to support on-site equipment utilization and manufacturing competencies.
- Implementation of 5S and continuous improvement / lean manufacturing principles.
- Work in a cross-functional team environment to develop innovative solutions with input from customers, operators, service technicians, engineers, manufacturing assemblers along with aftermarket sales team members.
- Demonstrate knowledge of mechanical properties of materials, component selection for performance and duty cycle, and a wide understanding of manufacturing and assembly processes for heavy equipment production.
- Must be able to develop and execute machine design that meets minimum standard requirements. Experience with international standards (ISO, EN, CE, etc..) is a plus.
- Working in a data driven decision environment where Root Cause and Corrective Action are well documented.
- Performing the design, analysis, testing and documentation of mobile equipment mechanical systems and components.