Montgomery, AL 36108
We are looking for an entry-level Mechanical Drafter to fill an opening for a local manufacturing plant in Montgomery, AL!
This is an entry level position responsible for creating drawings that exhibit the current detail and method of manufacturing and assembly for a variety of machinery and mechanical devices.
Responsibilities for this opening include:
- Assist in the development of detailed drawings and designs for mechanical equipment and controls.
- Apply our current technical standards to detail drawings and instructions.
- Check and correct existing drawing errors or incomplete drawings.
- Complete technical detailed drawings and instructions.
- Use existing raw material in the development of drawings.
- Assist in the design and development of parts of the machinery assigned.
- Consult technical handbooks and tables while in drafting phase.
- Use our Computer Aided Design and Drafting systems to prepare drawings.
- Create and store drawings electronically following our current structure.
- Provide detailed drawings or patterns that can be used for computer aided manufacturing machinery.
Qualified candidates for the Mechanical Drafter will meet the following requirements:
- Understanding of proper mechanical drawing practices and standards.
- Experience in AutoCAD
- Able to follow written and verbal instructions in the completion of the task at hand.
- One- year experience or equivalent technical training.
This is a Try & Hire position and offers $12-14/hour, depending on experience.
All offers of employment are contingent on a background check and drug test.