Montgomery, AL 36109
We are looking for a qualified Material Handler to fill an opening at a great manufacturing company in Montgomery, AL!
Responsibilities of this position will include:
- Ability to work at the speed to provide all material and supplies required to the production areas understanding all packaging supply codes, and informing Quality Control of any shortages.
- Supply raw stock reels to machines in an orderly way according to the standard and the production schedule in order to avoid lack of stock at the machines. Know how to identify various casing sizes and types.
- Read and understand work orders.
- Follow verbal and written instructions.
- Pass driving and written hi-lo exam.
- Operate hi-lo, hand trucks, and other material handling equipment.
- Operate equipment/ perform duties in a safe manner at all times including the wearing of PPE, safe lifting techniques, labeling of all containers in areas in accordance with MSDS and A1B.
- Ability to climb appropriate ladders to obtain stock and supplies from upper racks.
- Operate banding machine
- Provide ail packaging needs, make and provide labels for all production canons while maintaining ample supply of tape, string, rubber bands: clips, etc.
- Remove skids of finished goods to designated areas in Warehouse.
- Re-positioning of work-in-process material to designated areas.
- Keep area clean - dispose of trash from trash bins, and operate compactor.
- Organize holding areas for wet, printed and raw stock if applicable
Qualified candidates for this opening will meet the following requirements:
- Reading skills to understand and follow written instructions.
- Basic math skills.
- Accuracy of raw material and finished good counts.
- Keyboard - some computer use is required.
- Basic understanding of company's logistic system (raw material and packaging supplies).
- Walking, bending, stretching and standing on feet entire shift
- Lifting 75 lbs. from floor to chest a minimum of 40 times per day, 5 days a week
- Ability to push and pull pallets with hand jacks loaded with raw stock and finished goods weighing approximately 800-1000 lbs.
Pay for this position is $10.25/hour.
This is a Try & Hire position.
All offers of employment are based on a background check and drug test.