Shorter, AL 36075
Local manufacturing company is need of Maintenance Technicians!
Daily Responsibilities: Employee must be a highly motivated individual capable of quickly assessing numerous machine problems, and at times prioritizing work with optimum up-time. With minimal supervision and assistance, repairs, maintains and troubleshoots mechanical, electronic, pneumatic, and/or hydraulic components of production machines and equipment. Responsible for all equipment problems on shift. Rebuilds, as appropriate, components, assemblies and sub-assemblies. Complies with company product standards based on customer specifications/expectations. Responsible for reporting part shortages, maintaining tools and equipment, and all changeovers, setups, and running adjustments of equipment to sustain a quality end product. Maintenance reports directly to the Production Supervisor.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Visually inspects and listens to machines and equipment as to locate causes of malfunctions, product problems, etc.
- Dismantles machines and equipment to gain access to problem areas safely, and reassembles correctly.
- Inspects and measures parts to detect wear, misalignment, or other problems.
- Removes and replaces worn or defective parts of drive mechanism or hydraulic system.
- Realigns and adjust components such as spindles and clutches. Makes running adjustments as needed.
- Locates damaged air and hydraulic lines on machine, and measures, cuts, threads, and installs new pipes
- Maintains necessary records, including but not limited to, tagging damaged parts and updating maintenance and activity logs.
- Actively participates in yearly machine overhauls as scheduled.
- Must have a 2 year technical college degree OR
- Must have at least 4 years of prior industrial maintenance-related experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Must be able to communicate with appropriate personnel regarding status of equipment and events.
- Must be available to work occasional weekends.
Pay for this position starts at $13.00/hour.
This is a Try & Hire position.
All offers of employment are contingent upon a drug screen and background check.