Montgomery, AL 36104 US
We are looking for two 2nd Shift Maintenance Technicians to join the team of a manufacturing plant located in Montgomery, Al. The 2nd Shift Maintenance Technician will maintain the equipment by repairing, installing, and servicing various machinery, electrical components, and other production devices. The technician will inspect different equipment and perform any basic repairs or preventative maintenance when required.
What You’ll Do:
- Inspect production equipment and components to determine if repairs are warranted; must be able to estimate time required to complete repairs.
- Repair production equipment or components by troubleshooting problems, identifying the appropriate method of repair, replacing worn parts, and returning the equipment to production while observing the proper safety and housekeeping requirements.
- Troubleshoot, install, and replace electrical equipment or components including but not limited to motors, starters, medium and low voltage transformers, breakers, fuses, lights, ballast, switches, sockets, plugs, etc., following manufacturer’s instructions and safety precautions.
- Troubleshoot, install, and replace mechanical components including but not limited to bearings, rollers, conveyors belts, couplings and shafts, gears and chain, pulleys and belts, air and hydraulic hoses and fittings, etc., following manufacturer’s instructions and safety precautions.
- Construct, move, install, adjust, and set up plant equipment using the appropriate tools while assuring a safe work environment.
- Utilize the spare parts and work order management system to log repairs made and parts used.
- Repair spare equipment in the shop that has been removed from the production lines as required.
- Participate in the spare parts and supply chain process including but not limited to the removal of parts from the storeroom, the return of unused parts, rebuilding of parts, and assisting other mechanics with the locating of spare parts; places necessary tags on parts or components that are to be repaired in the machine shop or sent out for repair.
- Perform facility maintenance functions such as changing lightbulbs, painting, housekeeping, changing A/C filters, changing equipment filters, etc.
- Troubleshoot machine issues and notifies management if additional resources are required.
- Perform other related functions and duties as assigned or required.
What You’ll Need:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Must have two (2) years relevant work experience in an applicable trade (mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic, plumbing, general electrical, painting, heating, air conditioning, welding, etc.) area.
- Training (or completion of a curriculum) at a technical school or college in electrical, instrumentation, mechanical, plumbing, carpentry, machine tool, engine repair, welding, and/or refrigeration and air conditioning is preferred.
- Must be able to troubleshoot and repair basic mechanical systems including but not limited pneumatic devices and clutch/brake assemblies.
- Must be able to troubleshoot and repair basic electrical systems including but not limited to relays, switches, solenoids, and motor starters.
- Ability to work overtime, holidays, weekends, days, or nights for 12 or more hours.
- Must have manual dexterity involving total wrist action, twisting, pulling, and raising arms at or above shoulder height.
- Ability to work in warm, humid, and cool climates for 12 or more hours per day or night.
- Ability to stand, sit, kneel, bend, stoop, climb, reach, and crawl for prolonged periods of time; ability to lift up to 50 pounds unassisted.
- Ability to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) which includes safety glasses, safety goggles, hearing protection, steel toe shoes/boots, face shield, apron, and face mask.
- Ability to operate a forklift, maintain a forklift operator license, and operate a hoist.
- Must have the ability to use all required tools (hand, pneumatic, and machine shop).
- Must be able to use electrical and mechanical troubleshooting instruments.
- Must work safely and apply safe work practices at all times. Must maintain a clean work area and support housekeeping effort to maintain a safe work environment.
The pay for the Maintenance Technician is $23.40/hour.
All offers of employment are contingent on the candidate meeting the background check and drug test requirements.
By applying for this position, you are confirming that the information you are providing is true and correct. You understand that the information you are providing will be sent to WorkForce Walker Personnel “Company” for the purpose of consideration for employment, but that Company has made no commitment (formal or otherwise) of employment to you at this time. By completing this application, you are authorizing Company to contact companies, schools, and persons named on this application, for the purposes of evaluation as a candidate for employment. You understand that providing false statements or answers, or purposefully omitting information, may result in a rejection of your application for employment, or actions up to and including immediate dismissal. It is the policy of Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees regardless of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, marital status, disability, or any other legally protected status. No answer obtained from questions asked on this job posting will be used for any discriminatory purpose. By submitting this application, you authorize the Company to collect, use, store, etc., your personal information, to include texts and calls to your cell phone number, for employment related purposes