Montgomery, AL 36116
We are looking for an experienced Maintenance Mechanic to join the team of a heavy equipment manufacturer in Montgomery, AL!
The Maintenance Mechanic is responsible for the prevention of equipment downtime. The successful candidate will perform Preventive Maintenance activities, and work with high voltage electrical, mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic systems, PLCs, and CNC controls.
- Troubleshoot and make repairs to all shop equipment.
- Install new equipment.
- Perform Preventive Maintenance as scheduled.
- Assist operators in preventing equipment downtime.
- Fill out work orders correctly and completely.
- Work with all hand, electric, and air tools and welding equipment.
- Ensure the upkeep of general facility maintenance and support equipment.
Qualified candidates will meet the following requirements:
- Industrial certification or an associate level degree preferred.
- Industrial, production and/or heavy equipment troubleshooting and repair environment is required.
- REQUIRED skill sets include working with high voltage electrical, mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic systems, PLCs and CNC controls, and performing scheduled PMs.
- Ability to operate and maintain mobile and heavy equipment.
- Ability to operate and maintain overhead cranes and lifting devices.
- Welding experience a plus.
- Able to work in a team environment, multitask, and work with minimal supervision.
- Must be quality oriented and a team player.
- Must be able to efficiently demonstrate working within a pro-active safety culture and have complete understanding of and adherence to safe work practices, including hot work requirements.
- Must be proactive in the identification and elimination of wasteful activities.
- Prefer candidates with previous experience working in a continuous improvement culture of Lean manufacturing and 5S.
- Prefer candidates with previous experience working in a manufacturing environment of Safety, Quality, On Time Delivery and Cost where everyone is valued and is encouraged to contribute to improve products, process and the business.
This is a Try & Hire position.
Pay for this opening is $15-19/hour, depending on experience.
All offers of employment are contingent on a background check and drug test.