Montgomery, AL 36104 US
We are searching for a Legal Secretary for a law firm located in Montgomery, Al. The Legal Secretary will ensure the office runs efficiently and smoothly and help ease the workload of all other staff.
What You’ll Do:
- Preparing court statements and forms
- Dictating Lawyers’ audio files and written notes
- Managing records, projects and calendars to make sure everything functions smoothly
- Transcribing and proofreading legal documents
- Indexing and updating pleadings and discovery binders
- Collecting and delivering documents
- Supporting legal research and communicating with vendors, experts, Lawyers, opposing counsel and other staff
- Other general administrative duties as needed
What You’ll Need:
- Must have working experience in the legal arena
- Familiarity with legal terminology and documentation
- Proficiency in word processing software including MS Office
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- The ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Attention to detail
- A professional and courteous manner
- Ability to type quickly and accurately (will be tested)
The pay range for the Legal Secretary is $15-$20/hour and depends on experience and skill sets.
All offers of employment are contingent on meeting the background and drug test requirement.
By applying for this position, you are confirming that the information you are providing is true and correct. You understand that the information you are providing will be sent to WorkForce Walker Personnel “Company” for the purpose of consideration for employment, but that Company has made no commitment (formal or otherwise) of employment to you at this time. By completing this application, you are authorizing Company to contact companies, schools, and persons named on this application, for the purposes of evaluation as a candidate for employment. You understand that providing false statements or answers, or purposefully omitting information, may result in a rejection of your application for employment, or actions up to and including immediate dismissal. It is the policy of Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees regardless of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, marital status, disability, or any other legally protected status. No answer obtained from questions asked on this job posting will be used for any discriminatory purpose. By submitting this application, you authorize the Company to collect, use, store, etc., your personal information, to include texts and calls to your cell phone number, for employment related purposes.