Are you looking for an opportunity to demonstrate your CAD skills? Are you experienced in or trained on 2D & 3D CAD and related software for engineering design? This is your chance to get your foot in the door at a great company!
A well-known manufacturing company is looking for an enthusiastic individual to join the team as the Junior Product Designer!
The Junior Product Designer is primarily responsible for creating new and special orders, product designs, and resolving manufacturing problems.
The Junior Product Designer will have the opportunity to:
- Analyze, research, and develop design solutions or new and special orders and product designs in the most cost-effective manner
- Formulate and visualize design concepts based on sketches, original concepts and other data
- Determine requirements for capacities, operating requirements and material sections type of construction, checking and calculating specifications and establishing tolerances and dimensions
- Solve technical problems and analyze design concepts for manufacturing feasibility and costs, working with sales engineers and plan personnel
- Work with manufacturing to develop and implement most effective work processes to ensure products are manufacture in accordance with design and time specifications
- Ensure design records are kept current and the information is accurate
- Perform investigative and reference work pertinent to the tolerance and bills of materials
- Write work orders for pattern shop
- Keep current with developments with Computer Aided Drafting software, available computer tools and manufacturing processes to increase efficiency
- Perform electronic and manual file maintenance
- Prepare special drawings showing product and part illustrations for catalogs, booklets, advertising and installation instructions
- Inspect products prior to shipping on special projects
- Investigate shop or field complaints and research historical data as required