Inventory Control Clerk
Montgomery, AL 36106
We are looking for an experienced Inventory Control Clerk to join the team of a great manufacturing company in the Montgomery area! The Inventory Control Clerk performs a variety of duties to provide administrative and clerical support to the Distribution Inventory and Planning Coordinator.Responsibilities of the Inventory Control Clerk will include:
- Review weekly status of parts on the "U" and HOLD lists and resolve the problems found
- Coordinate the disposition with Quality of parts suspected of or determined to be defective
- Review locations (HJ) for status errors and to locate missing items
- Assist in the location of missing parts for customer orders
- Assist in receiving and routing incoming calls to the appropriate warehouse and purchasing staff members
- Assist Receiving Department with adjustments associated with defective parts or parts received in error
- Conduct periodic cycle counts for inventory accuracy - requiring operation of a forklift (reach truck, sit-down, and cherry picker)
- Perform other related duties as assigned by Management
- Works overtime as required
Qualified candidates for the Inventory Control Clerk position will meet the following requirements:
- Must have at least 2 years of Inventory Control experience
- Minimum one year general business experience
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills, be dependable, detail oriented and work well in a team environment
- Must be able to operate a reach truck, sit-down forklift, and cherry picker
- Cannot be afraid of heights
- Computer proficiency required in Microsoft Office software, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook (must demonstrate familiarity with each software prior to being considered)
- Must be able to learn and demonstrate proficiency with Advantage Fulfillment Optimizer (AFO)/High Jump and Glovia database system to perform essential job functions
Pay for this position is $15.00/hour.
This is a Try & Hire position.
All offers of employment will be contingent upon background check and drug screening.
For consideration, select the apply button below and attach your resume for review!