A local food product manufacturer is looking for a reliable and professional candidate to join their team as a Human Resources Clerk! This position is a 3rd Shift position. The hours for 3rd Shift is 1:00am -10:00am
The 3rd Shift Human Resources Clerk position is responsible for a wide variety of clerical HR functions: to serve as a primary liaison between the operating departments and the Human Resources department for the processing of personnel transactions and maintenance of personnel records.
Duties of the Human Resources Clerk include:
- Updating Locker Assignments
- Clerical duties, such as filing, sorting, organizing, and distributing
- Maintaining general and confidential personnel files
- Organize and store term files and payroll files in storage area
- Act as back-up for aspect of the orientation/hiring process as needed
- Entering new hire, rehire, termination and team member change information into the computer systems.
- Coordinate Yearly Training process
- Animal Welfare and Harassment/Discrimination
- Process evaluations
- Process pay increases
- Create and distribute HR reports as requested
- Prepare and review clock reports with supervisors for processing payroll each week
- Capable of making decisions pertaining to HR and Payroll issues
- Conduct various internal audits when required
- Provide assistance to managers, supervisors, employees, and co-workers who come to H.R. for help
- Check all disciplinary actions before entering into computer profiles for employee, including informing HR Manager if recurrent disciplinary actions have occurred.
- Input deductions, direct deposits, etc., as needed into computer profiles for employees
- Badge System User
- Enter new hires into E-Verify system as needed
- Assist new hires with understanding of policies and with the training process
- Check call-in line for night shift and relay information to supervisors and nurse
- Assist Feedmill, Hatchery, and Livehaul as needed during shift
- Assist Benefit’s as needed
- Any other duties or special projects as assigned.
- Difficulty of duties: Work activities are variable and require judgment to complete tasks such as setting priorities, evaluating results and coordinating with others. Assignments are defined and the approach to be taken is usually determined in coordination with others.