Facility Maintenance Technician
Shorter, AL 36075
We have an opening for Facility Maintenance Technician on 1st shift in great automotive manufacturing plant in Shorter, AL!
Responsibilities of this position:
- Install, maintain, repair and troubleshoot all facility and utility systems. Support with production related Routine maintenance tasks.
- Install, move or dismantle facility/grounds related items and equipment.
- Assemble and install items related to plumbing, light electrical, office infrastructure, janitorial, sanitary, & others qualified or requested by management.
- Install, replace and repair electrical components such as switches, sensors, fuses, bulbs, solenoids, contactors, motors and starters.
- Perform Routine Maintenance tasks in a timely manner
- Operate lifts, fork trucks, & general equipment.
- Proficient with hand tools, drills, band saw, possible light welding, etc.
- Recommend equipment replacement/upgrades to Maintenance Supervisor. Recommend improved work methods or tools for the performance of Plant Maintenance activities.
- Assist in determining work-order material and estimated labor requirements for facility and routine maintenance tasks
- Responsible to work safely and comply with Lock-out-tag-out, Confined Space Entry, Fall Prevention and other applicable safety policies and procedures.
Qualified candidates for this position will meet the following requirements:
- At least 1 year of experience working in facility maintenance. Manufacturing environment preferred, but not required.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment with minimum supervision.
- Must have great work ethic and follow rules.
- Effective communication, time management and organizational skills.
This position is $14/hour and is a Try & Hire position.
This is a first shift position, 7:00 am-4:00 pm. Monday-Friday. May be asked to work occasional weekends.
All offers of employment are contingent on a background check and drug test.