Fabrication Manufacturing Manager
Montgomery, AL 36109
A local manufacturing company is looking for an experienced Fabrication Manufacturing Manager to join their team in the Montgomery area! The primary responsibility for this position is being responsible for managing all areas of the Crown area to ensure delivery of a high quality product through staff effectiveness and performance to stated goals.
Duties for this position include:
- Principally responsible for Crown production scheduling so as to achieve the elements of the business plan to include staff utilization, proficiency and development, expense management, technical leadership, and proper utilization of equipment.
- Ensure personnel receive proper training to achieve productivity levels, turnaround times, and appropriate quality levels.
- Supervise departmental personnel issues related to development, motivation, and discipline.
- Monitor production process and recommend improvement processes when needed.
- Monitor expenses and capacity in relation to the Annual Budget.
- Assist with selection of equipment and the justification of capital investments.
- Ensure a healthful and safe work environment in accordance with the company safety program.
- Troubleshoot corrective action reports and respond to quality department on final outcome.
- Interface with Sales and Quality department to achieve delivery of product on schedule and to the requested level of quality.
- Coordinate with other managers or supervisors concerning scrap issues and utility personnel.
- Coordinate equipment maintenance for their area of responsibility
- May visit clients to assist with production issues or strategize about new processes.
- Provide operational updates in staff meetings.
- Support and assist in TS16949 efforts and ongoing surveillance audits.
- Regular and predictable attendance and Maintenance.
- Ability to complete an assigned task in a safe manner and in a constant state of alertness and must understand and follow all safety and quality rules and procedures.
- Must be able to work in a cooperative manner with craft workers, laborers, subcontractors, co-workers, supervisors, and others on the jobsite and in the office.
- Must be able to follow company policies and procedures.
Qualified candidates will meet the following requirements:
- 4+ years of fabrication manufacturing experience required
- 6+ years of manufacturing management experience required
- BS/BA in Technical/Business field is required
- Must have excellent time-management and team-building abilities
- Knowledge of production procedures in all Fabrication areas.
- Good communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
This is a full-time, Direct Hire position.
Salary range is $70,000-$75,000, depending on experience.
All offers of employment are contingent on a background check and drug test.