Engineering Publications Specialist
Montgomery, AL 36117
The Engineering Publications Specialist position is responsible for the design and production of parts, operation, and maintenance manuals, video scripting, product brochures, and other publications related documents.
Responsibilities of this position include:
- Organizes and writes required technical and business material using word processing software per established corporate standard with respect to order, style, terminology and sequencing.
- Creates, writes, edits, and reviews publications, including reports, manuals, briefs, proposals, procedures and related materials.
- Conducts interviews with technical team members to understand and present technical materials and develop content.
- Communicate with technical team members to ensure common understanding of publications and related materials to be produced.
- Develops and maintains cataloging systems, records, files, electronic media and archiving of information for company references.
- Selects or recommends use of layouts, graphics, drawings, tables, exhibits, illustrations, charts, or storyboards to amplify or clarify publications objectives.
- Periodically audit and review publications to determine whether format or content changes/updates are required. Confer with technical team members to confirm content changes.
- Create video scripting including shot lists and audio script; coordinate video shoots.
- Remain current on new developments in technical writing, editing, publishing, including technological enhancements that may affect the company.
- Maintain and retrieve technical library/materials as needed.
- Prepare materials for customers and business forums.
- Attend safety, departmental, and monthly meetings as scheduled.
Qualified candidates for this position will meet the following requirements:
- At least 2+ years in technical document design in a manufacturing related environment
- Associate level degree or higher in Graphic Design or related field.
- Experience and proficiency with QuarkXPress, Adobe Illustrator, and Adobe Photoshop software.
- Must be proficient with Macintosh computers.
- Background in technical publications preferred.
- Knowledge of product photography and an understanding of mechanical apparatus are a plus.
This is a Direct Hire position.
Salary is $55,000-60,000, depending on experience.
All offers of employment are based upon a background check and drug test.