Employee Relations Manager
Shorter, AL 36075
Reporting to the Human Resources, is responsible for facilitation and resolution strategies for workplace issues. Assist the HR Manager in the management activities of Human Resources, Benefits, Security and Training and Development functions. Assist with the development of systems, practices, policies and administration functions to support plant requirements.
- Maintain good employee relations to help reduce workplace conflict and help raise employee morale.
- Directs and coordinates preparation of position descriptions, ensures FLSA classification compliance and oversees job evaluations.
- Provides advice and counsel to managers and supervisors regarding personnel practices, policy and employment laws.
- Identifies and analyzes issues with employee relations infractions. Provides recommendations for resolutions.
- Conduct investigations.
- Administers unemployment processes and monitors program costs and recommends policy changes to the Human Resources Manager.
- Conduct onboarding process.
- Conduct exit interviews.
- Develop and stream lines hourly job bid system systems for tracking, reporting and analysis.
- Assist with the development and implement HR, Benefit and Training goals and budgets.
- Administer and encourage Open Door Policy.
- Implement HR policies, procedures, programs, events and team member incentives.
- Oversee and manage employee engagement activities.
- Liaison with temporary staffing agencies.
- Support corporate initiatives and serves as the company representative to all external agencies and supports all public relations activities.
- Ensures compliance with internal policies and procedures, all state and federal, and employment regulations.
Qualified candidates for this position must meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in human resource management or related field or equivalent level of experience, training and education.
- 3-5 years in experience working in a manufacturing environment
- 3-5 years of experience at a management or senior administrative level with emphasis on employee/labor relations.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills ability to communicate at all levels of the organization and ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to respond quickly to changing priorities.
- Must be VERY knowledgeable in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.
- Extensive knowledge of applicable state and federal employment and labor laws and governmental compliance requirements.
- Experience in recruiting, hiring, and training team members
All offers of employment are contingent upon a background check and drug test.