Montgomery, AL 36116
A local manufacturer of products for the global railroad industry is seeking an experienced Electrical Engineer to join their team in Montgomery!
The Electrical Engineer III will work independently on highly engineered, heavy equipment products in order to meet customer specifications and requirements. The individual in this position is expected to evaluate, select, and apply standard engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria using sound judgment in design and modification of mobile construction equipment. On-site engineering capabilities include structural, mechanical, electrical, fluids, and powertrain design work.
- Performing the design, analysis, and testing of mobile equipment electrical systems and components
- Reviewing customer specifications, railroad regulations, and government regulations to determine proper design parameters for custom product design
- Producing an error free engineering design package using sound engineering practices
- Clearly communicating with engineering personnel, suppliers, plant personnel, and others to implement cost reductions, product improvements, process improvements, and to support product build processes
- Evaluate and implement engineering changes for improvements and cost reductions
- Provide technical direction to manufacturing, procurement, assembly, aftermarket parts and service personnel
Qualified candidates will meet the following requirements:
- BS Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- 3+ years of experience preferred, experience with specialist vehicle design and manufacture preferred
- Competent using a standard multimeter and common hand tools
- Able to read, interpret, and generate electrical schematics and designs
- Being computer literate and technical
- 3D design software experience is preferred
- Must be a self-starter
- Ability to operate in an environment based on KPI’s and execution of SMART goals. Prefer candidates with previous experience working in a continuous improvement culture of Lean manufacturing and 5S.
- Knowledge of Quality Management Systems, ISO 9001.
- Prefer candidates with previous experience working in a manufacturing environment of Safety, Quality, On Time Delivery and Cost where everyone is valued ad is encouraged to improve products, process, and the business.
This is a Direct Hire opportunity.
Salary is $65,000-75,000.
This company offers a comprehensive benefits package, including low-cost BC/BS medical, dental, and prescription plan; 401(k) Plan with company match; paid vacation and holidays; life Insurance and other noteworthy benefits are available.
All offers of employment are contingent on a background check and drug test.