EHS Training Manager
Montgomery, AL 36104
A local manufacturing company in Montgomery is looking for an experienced EHS Training Manager to join their team!
Under the Direction of the CHRO this position will develop, lead, and direct training initiatives and such as technical skills training, EHS, and leadership training and give structured training and oversite to the EHS department at HPT.
The position directs the development and maintenance of comprehensive technical training, environmental health and safety programs for a 300+ person heavy industry manufacturing facility. This position drives safety as a core value and creates/measures/monitors sustainable systems that ensure continuous improvement.
Responsibilities of the EHS/Training Manager include but are not limited to the following:
- Directed by CHRO/COO and President, develops a comprehensive and tactical training program for the entire facility, (Process Improvement/Customer Compliance/Skills Training/Leadership/EHS training)
- Development of complex training programs for production and professional team members
- Support and provide daily oversight of the EHS program, ensure the requirements and ongoing training of all members, designed to exceed company safety goals, reduce cost, minimize waste and maximize efficiency
- Leads/Administers EHS initiatives: Oversee safety committee, OSHA compliance programs, develops and executes facility auditing programs, etc.
- Stays up to date on all federal and state regulations relating to facility’s operations (Labor/ Harassment/OSHA, EPA, ADEM, NIOSH, etc.)
- ISO compliance and program support for HR/EHS results measurement.
- Oversee and administer accident, injury include strong knowledge of workers compensation investigations and supervisor training in relation to same.
- Maintain and annually review all training/environmental, health and safety programs and policies.
Qualified Candidates for the EHS Training Manager position will have the following combination of skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Safety, Engineering, Environmental Science or Related Field
- 7+ years of Technical Process Training , EH&S related experience in a heavy industry environment
- Expert knowledge of OSHA, EPA, ADEM and NIOSH standards among others
- Ability to develop strong interpersonal relationships
- Strong personal management skills including training, coaching and development
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Microsoft Office
- STRONG PLANNING SKILLS MEASURING AND MONITORING GOALS AND OBJECTIVES REQUIRED.
This is a Direct Hire, day shift position, but as a Manager may include overtime and occasional 2nd shift training as required.
Salary can be up to $75,000, based on Experience, with excellent employee benefits. Majority paid company Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance. In addition, 100% paid company 2 times annual salary life insurance, LTD, STD, and AD&D Insurance, 401k plan with company match! Paid vacation 10 days annually increases 1 day per year, prorated 1st year, 3 days personal leave, and 9 paid holidays.