Montgomery, AL 36104
We are looking for a qualified EHS Supervisor to fill the opening at a local manufacturing company!
The EHS Supervisor position directs the maintenance of comprehensive Environmental Health and Safety programs for a 300+ person heavy industry manufacturing facility. This position drives safety as a core value and measures/monitors sustainable systems that ensure continuous improvement.
Responsibilities of the EHS Supervisor include but are not limited to the following:
- Administers a comprehensive and tactical EHS program designed to exceed company safety goals, reduce cost, minimize waste and maximize efficiency
- Administers EHS initiatives: Oversee safety committee, OSHA compliance programs, develops and executes facility auditing programs, etc.
- Stays up to date on all state and federal safety regulations relating to facility’s operations (OSHA, EPA, ADEM, NIOSH, etc.)
- ISO compliance and results measurement
- Administer accident, injury and workers compensation investigations
- Maintain and annually review all environmental, health and safety programs and policies
Qualified Candidates for the EHS Supervisor will have the following combination of skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Safety, Engineering, Environmental Science or Related Field
- 5+ years of EH&S related experience in a heavy industry environment
- Expert knowledge of OSHA, EPA, ADEM and NIOSH standards among others
- Ability to develop strong interpersonal relationships
- Strong personnel management skills including training, coaching and development
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Microsoft Office proficiency
This is a Direct Hire opportunity!
Salary is $45,000-55,000, based on experience, with excellent employee benefits: 80% paid company Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance, 100% paid company life, LTD, STD, and AD&D Insurance, 401k plan with company match!
All offers of employment are contingent on a background check and drug test.