Director of Business Development Initiatives
Hope Hull, AL 36043
A local manufacturing company is looking for an experienced Director of Business Development Initiatives to join their team! This is a full-time, direct-hire position.
The primary objective of business development is to identify customer and market requirements and to develop the customer relationships leading to the generation of orders for our products and services to grow the business.
The Director of Business Development Initiatives responsibilities will include:
- For assigned areas, fully accountable for business development and strategic planning, establishing the overall direction of the business, and achievement of new business/bookings goals.
- Lead the development of relationships between key decision makers in the customer community and the Company leadership team
- Identify potential opportunities and coordinate capture efforts across Company to secure new business.
- Create/maintain Company presence in the assigned market/territory and effectively communicate Company capabilities in this area.
- Work with multiple functions and programs and will assist program teams in the successful completion of program business priorities.
- Lead in the scheduling, tracking, and completion of capture/proposal activities for assigned market/territory.
- Will make frequent visits and contacts with various program customers to discuss program status and customer satisfaction.
- Will assist in the scheduling and conduct of technical briefings and meetings for new business acquisition.
- Will interact with equivalent level managers to determine appropriate resolution of program specific issues.
Qualified candidates for the Director of Business Development Initiatives will meet the following requirements:
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills.
- Comprehensive understanding of the customer requirements, budget and acquisition process.
- Proficient in Microsoft operating system and applications.
- High energy, strong team player that is capable of working self-sufficiently in the field.
- Frequent travel is required.
- US citizen with a Secret Clearance or the ability to obtain this clearance if needed.
Required Education & Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in related field.
Strong technical background required with understanding of network hardware and software.
Preferred Education & Experience:
10+ years experience, with a successful track record in new market / customer Business Development
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is sometimes exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes, airborne particles, or risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The role requires frequent air travel and walking.
This is a direct hire position.
Pay for this position will be a salary of $120,000- $140,000, dependent on experience.
All offers of employments are contingent on a background check and drug test.
If you feel this position will be an excellent opportunity for you and that you meet the above qualifications, please apply!