65,000.00-75,000.00 Montgomery, AL 36104
A local automotive parts supplier is seeking a Delivery Driver to join the team. Only interested in candidates who are looking for a long-term position.
Job Duties will include:
- Drives a company vehicle in a safe, courteous and responsible manner avoiding traffic violations and accidents.
- Physically loads company truck at the branch and verifies the condition of the truck, the manifest and other paperwork associated with the deliveries to be made.
- Drives to the delivery destination and physically unloads the truck, verifies parts unloaded, obtains signatures, and signs off on the integrity of what was loaded at the location.
- Makes proper notations on the manifest and provides receipts on parts being returned from customers to the branch.
- Collects accounts receivable as necessary.
- Works in such a manner as to prevent shortages and damage to products.
- Complies with established company policies and procedures.
- Assumes other duties as assigned.
Qualified Delivery Drivers will have the following;
- High school grad or GED
- Minimum of 6 months driving and warehouse operations experience.
- Possess a valid drivers license and safe driving record.
- Must meet DOT testing and physical requirements and be knowledgeable of DOT regulations when/as required.
- Possess comprehensive knowledge of replacement parts for the aftermarket collision repair industry.
- Ability to perform basic math calculations, interpret road maps, effectively communicate and proficiently use telephones.
- Must possess attention to detail.
- This position requires sitting, standing, walking, lifting, pushing, pulling, bending, climbing and ascending/descending stairs.
- Must be able to lift 75 lbs.
All offers of employment are contingent on a background check and drug test.