We are looking for an experienced CNC Machinist to fill an opening at a local Montgomery machine manufacturing job shop!
- Plans machining by studying work orders, blueprints, engineering plans, materials, specifications, and machining parameters; interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T).
- Programs mills and lathes by entering instructions, including zero and reference points; setting tool registers, offsets, compensation, and conditional switches; calculating requirements, including basic math, geometry, and trigonometry; proving part programs.
- Sets-up mills and lathes by installing and adjusting three- and four-jaw chucks, tools, attachments, collets, bushings, cams, gears, stops, and stock pushers; indicating vices; tramming heads.
- Loads feed mechanism by lifting stock into position.
- Verifies settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample workpieces; adhering to international standards.
- Maintains specifications by observing drilling, grooving, and cutting, including turning, facing, knurling and thread chasing operations; taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; adjusting and reprogramming controls; sharpening and replacing worn tools; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
- Documents actions by completing production and quality logs.
Qualified candidates for the CNC Machinist position will meet the following requirements:
- At least 3+ years of CNC experience
- Must have experience working with milling and lathe machines
- Comfortable working without supervision
- Must be able to troubleshoot and perform repairs on machines
The position pays $15-20/hour, depending on experience.
This is a Direct Hire opportunity.
All offers of employment are contingent on a background check and drug test.