Bilingual Safety Specialist
Montgomery, AL 36104
We are looking for a qualified Bilingual Safety Specialist to fill the opening at a local manufacturing company!
The Bilingual Safety Specialist position will be a trainee under the Safety Manager and will provide support to them in records management and translating information to Korean team members and leadership.
Responsibilities of the EHS Supervisor include but are not limited to the following:
- Administers a comprehensive and tactical EHS program designed to exceed company safety goals, reduce cost, minimize waste and maximize efficiency
- Administers EHS initiatives: Oversee safety committee, OSHA compliance programs, develops and executes facility auditing programs, etc.
- Stays up to date on all state and federal safety regulations relating to facility’s operations (OSHA, EPA, ADEM, NIOSH, etc.)
- ISO compliance and results measurement
- Administer accident, injury and workers compensation investigations
- Maintain and annually review all environmental, health and safety programs and policies
Qualified Candidates for the Bilingual Safety Specialist will have the following combination of skills and experience:
- Must be Bilingual in Korean and English
- Bachelor’s Degree in Safety, Engineering, Environmental Science or Related Field
- 1+ years of EH&S or HR related experience in a heavy industry environment preferred
- Ability to develop strong interpersonal relationships
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Microsoft Office proficiency
This is a Direct Hire opportunity!
Salary is $38,000-42,000, based on experience, with excellent employee benefits: 80% paid company Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance, 100% paid company life, LTD, STD, and AD&D Insurance, 401k plan with company match!
All offers of employment are contingent on a background check and drug test.